Friday, August 5, 2011

Great Expectations

I have all these expectations that I place upon myself.  Expectations on how I will parent, how I will spend my weekend, things I will accomplish and it's really getting to be too much.  So, today, on this Friday, instead of making a list of things that need to get done this weekend that I will lose and never complete, I'm not making a list.  Instead, my expectations for myself will be that which I can be successful at completing...I will spend the weekend with my girls and spend as much quality time as I possibly can with them...we will go to the pool, we will go for a walk, we will go to a party, and if those are the only things that we do this weekend I will be OK with it.  Please excuse the mess of my house...please excuse my disorganization...please excuse the fact that I can't post pictures on facebook for all to see in a timely manner...please excuse whatever it is that I can't get done...I'm busy making memories that will last a lifetime. 

1 comment: