Monday, December 19, 2011

I went outside today!

Sounds kind of funny, like they let me out for a special visit to go outside!  I went outside today for the first break I have been able to go outside for since I came back from maternity leave on February 7th!  The reason for this is that I was spending my breaks in the special room designated for us BFing Moms down at the health center.  I'm one of those moms that had NO PROBLEM pumping and I still don't my once a day.  It was my time to be doing something for Hannah and after a rough "back to work" where I felt much worse than I had after coming back from maternity leave with Leyla, I needed that time.  I was able to relax, take some time for myself, have some peace and quiet in my crazy day, and I have read a RIDICULOUS number of books (seriously, read the entire Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum series and MORE!).  I'm truly going to miss these moments, but I am excited about what's to come and to be able to head outside in the fresh (but very cold) air.  Sure, at the time I missed not being able to go outside during the summer but every time I thought about it I was OK with it, knowing that next summer I'd be outside and there's only this one chance to do this special something for Hannah.  So, today, I went outside.  I went to Subway and got lunch.  I walked down the street with this grin on my face, so much so that someone passing me smiled and said "Hi" to me.  I'm going to enjoy getting back outside and maybe this time I won't work through lunch or eat lunch at my desk - from now on I'm going to make good use of my lunch and go for walks, soak in the sun and air.  BUT I'm always going to remember fondly my special time in that room - I really enjoy/have enjoyed my time there.

2 comments:

  1. Isnt it nice to get your body back? I loved being able to provide for my kids but I did love knowing that I didn't have to worry about what was going into my body anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still nursing so body not back YET but only pumping once a day and plan to cut that out the first of the year.

    ReplyDelete