Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Expecting too much?

It's been quite awhile since I blogged...been crazy busy but yet have so much to talk about.  But I'll start with today.  I definitely feel like I expect too much of my family at times.  I took today off and planned this great day with Mahir, the girls, and my parents, going to see Santa at Bass Pro Shops, head to the outlets, have a late lunch, and end the day looking at the gorgeous light display at LaSalette Shrine.  Well, it wasn't as amazing as I imagined, with everyone smiling the whole time and everyone having a great time.  We had a great time but it was filled with drama and someone not being happy at least one part of the day (more times for the little ones).  I then wonder, why do I plan these outings?  Is this how it's going to be when we go to Disney next year?  Who am I trying to make memories for - me or the girls?  I have to stop expecting so much out of things and just try to sit back and enjoy them as they happen.  We drove away from LaSalette freezing and tired and I said to everyone "well, I hope everyone had a fun day" and Leyla and Hannah both belted out "It was awesome!"...so, despite the meltdowns and frustrating times, that's what it comes down to...that Leyla and Hannah had an awesome time with their grandparents and parents despite all the things that in my mind went wrong. 

I hope to get back before Christmas to write some more but I have too many things that I've put on my plate...when am I going to learn to just let go of the things that really don't matter?  Probably not this year!  I'm a work in progress I guess...but one thing's for certain, I love my girls more than anything and that's why I try every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment