Thursday, January 15, 2015

A reader...and something else...

Last night, on January 14, 2015, Leyla read her first book.  She sat at the table while I was doing dishes and read Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs & Ham with Grammy. Sure, there were a couple of challenging words, but here we go - she's off and running with reading. I can't believe we've reached this point - 4 teeth gone, 2.5 grown back in so far...a kindergartener who is one of her teacher's favorite students and is an amazing student...and now a reader! I remember being pregnant with her and now here she is growing and flourishing. 

I've been thinking a lot lately about people and how individuals treat you...I'm really at a loss for how people can say things and commit to things and how they can walk away from commitments without a care in the world...it's happened too many times I can't even count...and I'd truly like to hope that my children don't have to witness this as much in their lives as I already have. When I deal with people and situations I'm of the belief that you should treat people the way you'd want to be treated and going even further, the way you'd want your daughter, son, mother, father, spouse, etc. to be treated. That's the way I've lived my life and I will continue to do so. I can only hope that one day I won't have to experience people who commit themselves to me and something in my life and not have them break that commitment. 

I'm grateful for my family and friends and my beautiful daughters, who though they all make me crazy sometimes, they make me very happy and proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment