Thursday, June 28, 2012

June...and other thoughts...

My goodness, where did the month of June go?!  It feels like just last weekend we were in New Hampshire at Storyland on the rainiest day of the year (of course, because that's how Mahir and I like to do vacations!!!!).  I'm not sure if I posted about that but we had a great time despite the rain and I can't wait to go back next year!  Mahir's mother arrived to meet Hannah and spend 9 weeks with us last Wednesday. 

I've been thinking a lot lately about my favorite times of the day.  I'm not sure why but that's just where my thoughts have been.  With Hannah, my favorite parts are around 5 AM when I feed her before going to work.  For those of you who are going to make Time magazine comments, please refrain!  It's a beautiful bonding time together and I'm going to miss it when she does stop getting up.  Then again after work, which is less relaxing, and then before bed, which is wonderful as she ends up falling asleep and Daddy then carries her off to bed.  Hannah's a pistol and keeps us on our toes and definitely keeps me laughing and smiling at her antics.  Last night at dinner she wiped her ketchup hands all over the wall.  Mahir cringed and I laughed and enjoyed it because I know I will miss it when she's older and not doing that.  Leyla is the complete opposite of her sister, hates messy hands, hates food in her lap, etc.  My favorite moments with Leyla are when she calls me at work in the morning and gives me a rundown of what's happened so far that day, when I see her at the train station getting a ticket from Joe and then waving to all the conductors, and when we get to sing songs before bed and the rare times we get to watch and sing with Pajanimals.  I'm not really sure where I'm going with this blog today except to let the girls know how much I love them and how much I love their differences and their similarities and how much they love each other.  I'm blessed beyond measure.

1 comment:

  1. The beginning and end of your days sound great. Time be damned, I see nothing wrong with your special time with Hannah each day. I sometimes feel like the days run together and there is just not enough time in the day. The mornings are crazy getting ready and really I don't spend much of any time with them before taking them to daycare and heading to work other then making them breakfast. At night we do spend more time together after dinner. We play with toys or if it is nice outside then we will go out in the yard to swing or dig in the sand, but even that is only about an hour for Rebecca and 2hours with Aiden before going to bed. With Aiden lately though we've been laying in bed with him for "snuggle time". I guess that is also why I try to do as much as I can with them on the weekends. Its going by too fast.

    ReplyDelete