Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Soapbox...

So, I have to say I came across a blog that annoys me. The site has a Facebook page that also bothers me. I am not one to name names so I'm not going to tell you what blog it is, but I did notice at least one of my friends "likes" the page. In any case, I saw a status that said "Filling out a million camp forms is annoying, but not half as annoying as having a kid up your ass all summer...pass me that pen." Now, I'm going to go back to a status that I posted about a week or so ago that didn't draw wonderful responses because it appeared that I was thinking being a teacher was all roses, which I know for a fact isn't (please remember I am the daughter of a retired teacher) and that it was coming to the time of year that I really disliked all the facebook posts about my teacher friends having the summer off and being able to spend time with the kids and such, because I don't. Yes, I made the choice to work in a field other than a teacher that would give me an unbelievable amount of time off a year compared to what I have now and no, there's no possible way of being a stay at home Mom like I would like to (even a part time SAHM would be nice). In any case, that's not what I'm blogging about. I don't think my status was offending - it was just a statement that it was coming to a time of year that makes me sad because I don't get the opportunities to be with my girls as much as I'd like. But this particular status that I just pasted above was very offending to me. And the other blogs on that page that use profanities and yell at their kids and say that life isn't fair. Sure, life isn't fair, but you know what, life is so much better BECAUSE I am a parent and because of my girls. The individual on this blog that complains about her kids should live one day like all the people in the world who want children and wouldn't bitch and moan about all the annoying or bad moments of being a parent. I love my children…I want to spend time with my children…and it makes me absolutely crazy when I see parents writing nastiness about their children, how spending time with their children is such a chore, and how much of a pain they are. I am definitely not a perfect parent and yes, I have moments when I want to sit in the bathroom in peace, but in 10 years, in 15 years, I'm going to miss this. So, bring on the whining, crying, laughter, smiles, and every other thing that brings me joy and aggravation every day that being a mother to my girls does. I'm going to go home tonight, hug them, and thank God for the gift that their lives brings to my life.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that!!!!

    This past weekend was full of whining and crying and headache, but the weekend coming up when Seth and I are going to NYC by ourselves, I'm scared. Because I'm going to be without my kids. This will be the first time I have left Rebecca with someone else. Yes, I will enjoy my vacation, but I know I will be thinking about them A LOT!! There are way more good, fun times then there are negative times and that makes it all a positive and worth it in the end in my book. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

    ReplyDelete