Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Thank you

There is a board on Facebook that I belong to. It annoys me and I learn things from it, both at the same time. As the majority of those who read this know, I am not a stay at home mom. Yes, I would like to be, but I'm not. Anyway, a topic of thank you notes has come up on the blog, and so much of me wants to fire back a huge response to the question, but I was very simple and direct I thought. I definitely believe in thank you notes - when I receive them I get happy and I appreciate the thought that individual has put into them - most of the time. The rest of the time it just reminds me of the guilt I feel for not having thank you notes from the girls birthday party done. I don't have any excuse other than I'm constantly out straight and don't have a moment to breathe, and Leyla and I are never really in a place where we can do them together - that and 3.5 months later, are we just going to look stupid sending them?! Some of the time when I receive a thank you note I get angry - angry that the people that I get them from have the time that I don't - that within 2.5 seconds of the birthday party a thank you note is in the mail. I'm going to do thank you notes for the girls birthday presents and Christmas presents, and hopefully this week, so if you get one from me, please don't make me feel stupid for sending it so late. And for those who I may have never sent a thank you note to over the years, I'm so grateful for everything you have given me, Mahir, and our girls over the years. So unbelievably grateful, and my lack of a thank you note at times shouldn't make you think I'm not grateful. 

1 comment:

  1. Allison, I am a SAHM and Aidan's stack of Thank You cards is still sitting on my island from his December birthday. There just always seems to be something more pressing to deal with and those get pushed further and further down the list of priorities. Do not let that foolish thread make you feel any more guilty. The majority of those comments are focused on wedding/baby shower gifts anyhow. And, those people don't have kids to deal with yet so they don't have an excuse ;-p

    ReplyDelete