Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thank GOD it's March!

February stunk - that's it in a nut shell.  February started off with Mahir away in Turkey visiting his family so I was alone, but not really thanks to my awesome parents, and we were short staffed in the office, so it was a challenging month.  Not only was it a challenge with those two things but on the 18th while we were having a great time with friends and their girls Hannah decided to throw up all over me.  Thus began the week from hell!  Saturday night Hannah got the stomach bug and was sick through the night and into Sunday.  Monday, the holiday, my Mom decided to cut an onion a "new and improved way" and ended up slicing through her thumb and so I took her to the ER.  While in the ER I wasn't feeling so great but attributed it to the migraine that had come on suddenly a couple hours earlier.  Yeah, it wasn't...before we left the ER I got sick and poor Mom had to drive home with her thumb in the air - way to go me being a support to her!!!!  That night Leyla threw up.  Yay!  Tuesday Hannah decided that even though she hadn't nursed during the day in quite awhile that she needed to, which was fun for this individual who hadn't had much of anything to eat or drink since I was still sick.  But, we did it.  And then Mahir took her to the doctor only to find out she had an ear infection.  Awesome, yay for antibiotics that taste nasty and are impossible to get in.  Mahir didn't feel so great on Tuesday but never ended up getting anything.  The only one in the house who didn't get something because Nan, on her 91st birthday, got sick, followed by Mom and Dad, although he says it's his Meniere's that caused his.  In any case, the Wight-Akarsu-Butterfield crazy household got the norovirus and hung on to it for that awesome 7 days.  To top it all off poor Hannah went back to the doctor on Friday and her beginning ear infection was a full blown ear infection and the antibiotics had done NOTHING for her.  Thankfully everything is better now and despite the head cold I have now I am thankful for better antibiotics that have kicked Hannah's ear infection's butt and that everyone is getting back to normal.  I do have to say that although being sick pre-children was wonderful (do you remember that - it was when you could sleep all day, lay on the couch watching TV and movies, order take out, and just DO NOTHING), being sick post-children is challenging but rewarding at the same time.  I thought about it as I lay in bed with two children on me on that Wednesday morning and when I wished that the girls felt better I also realized that if they had been better I would've been at work and not getting to snuggle with them.  I don't like them being sick but I wouldn't trade that snuggle time for anything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment